Thursday, April 27, 2006

turning 20 part II

I woke up at 8 something today, considerably early I should say, feeling like there's something missing. Okay, I'll admit it. I miss being in school ! There, I've said it. Satisfied? I miss the students there (a lot), the teachers and stuff. It's been great fun, didn't regret it one bit.

What are the odds? My last day was also the day I supposedly became older(true) and wiser (not so true). It's definitely right what they say, the best things in life are free. Each sincere birthday wish, every handshake by people I know,people I don't; the smiles, the birthday songs, man, those are the best I tell you. Stuff that money can't buy.

Blur as a sotong that morning, thanks to a restless night, I fortunately managed to get through the lesson (finished up Chapter 4) without much of a glitch. I hope. After some bouts of chatting and answering sessions from the likes of 'How to study' to 'How to pay attention' to my single status, yes, I'm single; of course there'd be a photography session. Whaddya expect?
It was superb fun. And they were SOOOOOO sweet, 4S2 got me a cake!! gosh, you could just wipe me off the floor.
The funniest thing was, though there were 20 candles on the cake, only 18 were lit. So, technically, I've just turned 18!
Good bunch of people, each one of them unique and holds a special place in my heart!

PHOTO FRENZY.


First up, with some of the 5V1 'ers, 2 days ago.




Then, 4S1 : guys. Some studious, some talkative but all great!


4S1 : pretty girls

Went to STARbucks with Li Teng during the break for a final session of makan. She belanja'ed. Thanks LT ! Talked crap as usual, lmao, but it was great.

Delicious Nasi Lemak. Really !

4S3 : Guys. Wacky bunch ! Never fails to crack me up! As a student (inside joke)

4S3 : Cutie pies.. Note : the thing I was holding? A birthday present! Venki and gang came in, in the middle of the class to wish moi and to give me something too. Super expensive. A jelly. Green in colour, no less! LOL

4S2 surprised with a Burd-day cake =)

1st bite ! As sweet as ....erm. sweet can be. I'm so obviously an amateur, it's like I'm a magnet for chalk. It's everywhere. And it seems only I break the chalks when I use them. No other teachers break chalks ! What to do, Xena mar, hoh?

4s2 ! You're more than the class with the cake. SO much more !

Went home, rushed and took a quick bath. Waited for them to come pick me up. They as in Li Wei, Yi Jiang and Pauline. The rest were either in the middle of exams or working. I'm not complaining..It's good 'nuff to have them spend the day with moi! Destination : 1U for lunch and lepak. Kin Wai met us there, yes thank you Kin Wai for forsaking your sleep over this. Makan'ed at this place, Bar B Q. Not bad lar, actually. An experience!

The Driver. Heh heh.

1st, spread this meat-or-squid-or-oil-or-something over the hot plate.

Then, tuan-tuan dan puan-puan, use your chopsticks (not a spoon, not a fork, not a knife, but chopsticks) to place meat, vegetables, udon, squid, prawns and loads (I mean, loads) of cabbages, etc on the plate OR in the circle of soup surrounding the island of hot plate. Now tell me, Is it NOT interesting?

Wait...patience my friend...and voila! dig in!

After the early dinner, we ate at about 5 something? We went shopping for May Lynn's present. Yes, we went shopping for another's birthday present on my birthday. 2 birds with one stone, people! Went round and round and round and STILL couldn't get anything. Trooped back Bkt Tinggi Kayu for supper. The gang bought me a Tesco cake as a symbol of birthday I guess? I never would have thunk it : Birthday cake at Kayu. Thank goodness they didn't sing. God forbid! But these are the simple things in life, thosai telur, Milo panas, chocolate cake and friends. Lepak'ed til bout 11.30 p.m.

Note : The two knives and the candles. Can't see the candles? Well, they're made of good wishes and intentions. Stuff that you can't see but can feel.

By the way, the blueberry cake is still uncut in the fridge.

At 11.45, Hao Shen dropped by to pass me presents. Sweet!

Thanks everyone for your time, effort and wishes.

Those stuff beats material things anytime.

And of course, thank you for your presents!

It IS like any other day anyway, only it succeeded in making me feel special, even if it's for a day.

Lurve you guys, muaks !

No comments: