Sunday, April 16, 2006

'Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live' - Morrie Schwartz

Recently finished : Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
Currently reading : Was by Geoff Ryman

Tuesdays with Morrie didn't disappoint. It's a small, simple book. Simple and yet it strikes straight to your heart due to its simplicity and profoundness. You'll catch yourself thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?"
Now the hardest part is to hold on to what you're feeling when you're in the book. Most often than not, people just go on with their lives and forget about it.
"Oh, I must cherish my life more, I must LIVE like there's no tomorrow."
The next moment, you find yourself swearing that your life is cursed.

It's easier to beat yourself up and wallow in self-pity than to actually look at the good things. Maybe because it IS as difficult as it is, it's all the more better for you.
I forgot when I stopped consciously looking at only the bright side. Cynicism had a foot in my door.
I'm slamming it shut. Too bad for your foot.
On the bright side, you get to rest for the rest of your day / days.
RIP.

No comments: