Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Of excitement and of almost disappearing off the mark

I’ve been neglecting again, thousand apologies! *with palms together and head wobbling ala Punjab*
Those words that you’ve just read are the first of many, (I hope) in the relative comfort of my own room in the University, on my brand new lappie –laptop- that my BELOVED brother had gotten me just over a week ago.
Mucho gracias dearest koko!
The wooden plank of a table is where I’m at, sitting atop a plastic chair, with the beautiful view of a sun drenched white wall in front of me. Michael is learning to rock in the background following the signs left by Justin Timberlake and Snoop.
Too bad there’s no Wifi service in my room, so I would have to drag this later to the dining hall for this piece to be published.
Nonetheless, I’m good.

This contented feeling is a far cry from just a moment ago when I thought that I would have the adventure of my life.

I got caught in a lift.
Alone.
It was already 4.30 pm, and most of the students had already left the Department and I, alone, was about to leave the 4th floor to head to the Dean’s Office somewhere in the Faculty.
The lift at the end of the corridor was opened though nobody was there.
Somewhere deep in the pit of my stomach, I felt that something was wrong but being as blur as I could actually be, I unsuspectingly stepped into that empty lift.
The doors closed. I pressed G.
The button lighted up but it was Not Moving. I pressed 2 and 1 and the open door sign. The blardy buttons lighted up cheerily but the lift still would not budge.
What the hell?!
Breathe, amy, breathe.
Don’t breathe so much, you pig, conserve the oxygen! You wanna die in a lift ar?
The button bearing the picture of a bell seemed so, so tempting.
Should I? Shouldn’t I?
Being as honest as honesty can allow, the very first thought that entered my head was,
“OKay, So, you’re in a lift, and it’s not moving. Hmm..so. CRAP! There usually is no line in the lift! I wonder how long would it take for them to find me…started dreaming of a tall, muscular, hunky fireman coming to my rescue..”
Checked my phone, full bar of line. *heaves a sigh of relief, wipes off sweat* and tried pressing the buttons again.After for what seemed like forever, it still wouldn’t move. It wasn’t funny anymore.
Budge you gila lift, move it!
Even if you don’t want to budge, open the door, please? I know I’m fat and I need the exercise..I’ll take the stairs..just open the doors..
Decided to call my room mate –Please open lar- dialing –I’m not joking, you better open up, you stooopid lift you,-- and then..

The doors opened.
I dashed out like my life depended on it, even the fastest cheetah could never compete.

*Ting* (Doors of lift closed behind me, mockingly.)

You made me use the stairs.
And my gorgeous fireman scenario did not materialize.
You shall pay, evil lift, one day!


That was one thing, now I’m excited over the other. I finally have my UM student tag, laminated and all shiny! It even came together with its own UM band.
NOW I so feel like a University student. *tingly spine*

That’s today, Monday, the very first day of the week. What will the rest of the week bring?
I know, 2 TESTS !
Oh goody.
BAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mebbe they have this silent buzzer if the lift is, say, OVERWEIGHT and couldnt move?? :P