Saturday, March 19, 2005

It’s Friday; practically The End of the holidays and allow me to state the obvious fact that 24 hrs is certainly not enough. It’s the 1st time..alrite 2nd ..this past week that I had the leisure of waking up at whatever godly hours I liked and for the record I woke up at 10 today. A few hours of Sunita’s work (fearing her wrath again), lunch, off to tuition, came back, off to another tuition, porno chicken and here I am. At 11 pm. With homework undone. Such a good girl.
Right. That’s enough whining for today.

I’m back from the camp safe and sound and in one piece! There were ups and downs, happy times, sad times, the usual.
The bus ride there was great with loads of laughter and crap, I mean, loads of crap especially from the form sixers. The younger uns must be like “ Shit! Will I grow up being just like them? NooOoOO !”
Dusun Eco Resort proved to be a popular place to camp as when we reached there, there were already other groups from other schools and even as we leave there were other groups coming in too. My name was the 1st in the girls list and unfortunately became the dorm leader, bearing the responsibility of the dorm key. That piece of metal with a wood attached is worth RM25! Luckily I did not have to part with my cash though I almost had to in some occasions.

The bathroom was a community styled one, with not so much of a shower but more of a narrow pipe with icy cold water falling down on your head that could literally take your breath away. You can imagine. On the 2nd night, I was feeling somewhat fearless and decided to bathe alone at 2 am in the morning. Imagine this, the bathroom was at the end of a corridor, dark, and quiet as everyone else was either sleeping or talking in their respective dorms. So-called “amy-da-brave” announced pompously that I was going out to bathe. I brushed me teeth, trying to push whatever I was imagining far into the back of my head but of course to no avail. This Miss Fearless tried extremely hard to not think of anything and sauntered as coolly as possible towards one of the dark cubicles…….then an unexplained thing happened through no fault of my own, the next thing I knew I was back in my dorm, with the same smelly shirt n pants with not a drop of water. Ain’t my fault! You get the message.

The jungle tracking was fantastic albeit a little tiring at first but it was worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Mucho gracias to Hao Shen and Horng Tat as in some stages where it was extremely steep going downhill, Hao Shen went in front of me and Horng Tat at the back, helping me and making sure I didn’t fall considering I admittedly have a small phobia of climbing down a slope but it wasn’t too bad. After the track we were allowed to play in the pool for half an hour and most of us didn’t waste the chance of jumping into the cold water. Everyone was dunking everyone and I got dunked maybe like 3 or 4 times? I’m grateful I’m still breathing. Another sweet memory was the obstacle course and I’m sooo proud I was able to get through each and every one! The bruises after that are small matters.
I must say that the canteen operator deserved every bit of respect. The food understandably wasn’t 5 star hotel material but it was good enough. The thing that got to me was how friendly and helpful they were and the cloth to clean the table was seriously white, clean, dry and folded! Kudos to them!
There were of course challenges throughout the camp and unexpected occurrences. I guess it just made us closer and I now know that there are lots of people who are really sweet and caring.
I barely caught 5 hours of sleep during that two days, and on the last day I was like a zombie walking around. Thank goodness the majlis penutup wasn’t as long as I’ve expected. The best peserta lelaki was Jeff and perempuan was Janatun I think. Congrats!
It was so funny, on the way there, the bus was so lively and noisy but on the way back, it was so quiet except a stubborn few who absolutely refused to sleep and yakked all the way me for example. I think Shin Dhee was fed up with Hao Shen and me for disturbing her like nobody’s business when she was on the phone with her beloved. We were like adding fire with “ Shin Dhee, what were you doing with the guys?!” “Enjoyed last night?”..well, you get the drift. Eventually she too, fell asleep. It was like someone released some kind of sleeping gas in the bus. Fortunately there was Hao shen who kept me amused. He must be cursing me for not letting him sleep. =Þ

And we reached Beloved STAR. Tired, smelly and with a load of laundry to do.
All in all, the place was great, the people were wonderful, the experience? good with many lessons.

No comments: